Why I believe singularly obsessing about our skin’s pH is a waste of time and money.
Healthy skin pH lies between 4.5-5.5, making our skin’s natural pH mildly acidic. This optimal range can be achieved effortlessly without solely focusing on and purchasing pH skincare products.
The one thing you must know about pH levels of our skin:
- Our skin’s problems are not, simply nor wholly, caused by pH imbalances.
- Our skin has issues primarily due to the way most people care for their skin. Too much cleansing/exfoliating and certain essential oils/creams don’t support the skin’s natural process of detoxification and barrier protection, resulting in skin that is controlled in artificial ways.
- None of these things are good for our skin OR its pH. So, how can you obtain a natural and perfect skin pH?
- Stop over cleansing! Stop over exfoliating! Stop using most essential oils! Stop using conventional retinol creams!
- Stop using conventional acne and anti-aging products.
- Stop expecting a pH balanced product to fix your skin!
Learning how to layer the right products that hydrate, feed, and restore your skin’s natural acid mantle barrier will produce unwavering, perfect pH the correct way.