How to do right by your skin this summer
Summer is glorious! But the heat and intensified sun cause dehydration which makes our skin feel irritated, tight, red, itchy, and dry. Dehydrated skin is pretty much a sure way to sunburn all too easily and speed up collagen loss…essentially Wrinkle & Sunspot City.
How to do right by your skin this summer:
- Abstain from chemical peels, microdermabrasion, micro-needling, laser treatments, astringents, conventional retinol…this is NEVER EVER a good idea. The summer sun INTENSIFIES THE LONG-TERM DAMAGE these things cause.
- Do not exfoliate daily.
- Never exfoliate in the morning unless there is zero chance you will leave your home.
- When exposed to the sun, ALWAYS re-apply sunscreen every 2 hours…this is precisely where the majority of sun damage happens.
- Avoid peak sun hour exposure.
- If you get your eyebrows or upper lip waxed…do not go on a hike or run errands! Go indoors immediately for the rest of the day. Trust me on this.
- Ask me about an invisible specialty serum that blocks UV rays remarkably well when applied under my serum in the mornings.